she's writing a novel

a lot of her writing tends to be tongue-in-cheek. this is because she grew up in an evangelical tradition which was more concerned about where else she might be putting her tongue.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

…all women are whores.

Russian Lover: That blonde was hot.
Me: Yeah, but even I could afford that one.
RL: Oh yeah? How much do you think she’s worth?
Me: A nickel.
RL: Really? Because did you see the size of the rock on her finger?
Me: Doesn’t mean a thing.
RL: How so?
Me. Diamond rings can be bought on a payment plan.
RL: True.
Me: So, for that matter, can big houses and fast cars. Women worth something are never impressed by those things.
RL: Oh?
Me: Yes. Because savvy women never trust men with just lots of expensive things. Smart women never trust anything that can be financed. Smart women only trust cash.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Jessie said…

    Hey cityfriend :)

    I am moving into my place this Thursday so give me a call or an email sometime and show me one of your favorite places. I have a lot of catching up to do when it comes to Philly.

    Hope you and the Russian are well.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am Spartacus

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Dave said…

    i knew it.

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger sarah said…

    Spartacus? Is that really you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home