she's writing a novel

a lot of her writing tends to be tongue-in-cheek. this is because she grew up in an evangelical tradition which was more concerned about where else she might be putting her tongue.

Monday, May 01, 2006

cynical

On Market and 16th there is a twenty-something hipster guy, who sits on the sidewalk and holds a small cardboard sign that says "Homeless. Hoping for a little generosity."

There is a twenty-something hipster girl holding an identical sign who sits on the sidewalk around Broad and Walnut.

Everytime I pass either of them, I want to lean over and say "You are an Eastern University student, and this is research for your sociology thesis. You can't fool me! This is the worst impersonation of a homeless person I've ever seen!"

But I don't.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Jessie said…

    hey hey now. I object. Eastern's Sociology department lost all their hipsters years ago! :)

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You sound hot. Wanna fuck?

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Dave said…

    the problem arises when dirty hippies ruin it for hippies. there's nothing wrong with hippies. they're the best. it's those dirty hippies. i want to wash their hair. not me personally, but i want someone to wash their hair. gosh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home